Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence Specialist
DescriptionDigital Shadows is a fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Frankfurt & Singapore. Digital Shadows minimizes digital risk by identifying unwanted exposure and protecting against external threats. Organizations can suffer regulatory fines, loss of intellectual property, and reputational damage when digital risk is left unmanaged. Digital Shadows SearchLight™ helps you minimize these risks by detecting data loss, securing your online brand, and reducing your attack surface. To learn more and get free access to SearchLight, visit www.digitalshadows.com.
Our Strategic Intelligence team conducts open source intelligence analysis using Digital Shadows’ proprietary SearchLight™ platform to monitor threats to our customers and publish customer-facing intelligence reports. By doing so, our analysts play a key role in creating general and client-specific situational awareness to help our customers make informed strategic and operational decisions to secure their enterprise.
The successful candidate will be a natural leader, have an absolute attention to detail, and drive for excellence. The role will be involved in all aspects of the intelligence cycle and help to set direction, maintain the quality of our analysis, and be responsible for creation and improvement of internal processes and procedures.
Do the Right Thing
- We are an ethical company operating with respect, empathy and equality. We respect everyone’s security, freedom and privacy.
Anything is Possible
- We encourage innovation, independent thinking and team work.
Trust and be Trusted
- We trust our people to make the right decisions and assume best intentions. We deal in facts, not fear.
All about People
- We have a diverse, inclusive, fun and spirited culture that nurtures exceptional talent for the long haul. We make the world safe for our clients and our community.
Must have skills:
- Minimum 5 years in a security or intelligence role utilising or specialising in cyber threat intelligence.
- Experience in sourcing, analysing and disseminating intelligence with full fluency in intelligence tradecraft and concepts.
- Knowledge of threat actors and TTPs, intrusion kill chain, cyber risks, intelligence and analysis methodologies.
- Awareness of the dark web and threat actor usage of forums and marketplaces.
- Regional knowledge of APAC-specific threat actors, TTPs and ops.
- An analytical, highly flexible and adaptive mind-set; the ideal candidate will be naturally inquisitive and passionate about technology, cyber security and intelligence analysis, and willing to debate internally about opinions and assessments.
- Good understanding of major international political and security issues, and strives to stay up to date on current affairs.
- Experience of using analytical tools and manipulating large data sets using tools such as i2, Palantir or Maltego as a key component of an investigation.
- A team player who is innovative, pragmatic and enthusiastic about their work.
- Must have clear, concise, straight to the point communication, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be fluent in English and at least one of the following: Mandarin (Simplified & traditional), Malay & Bahasa, Tagalog, Thai, Vietnamese
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Educated to degree level (Humanities or Scientific discipline).
- Cyber security certifications such as GSEC, CEH, and Security+ are an advantage.
- Experience in threat modelling and input into software development for processes.
- Comfortable in a public-facing role for marketing, PR and research purposes.
- Enjoys a fast-paced operational environment.
- Flexible working conditions and hours.
- Every team member is a stakeholder in the company.
- Salary is negotiable on, and commensurate with, experience.
- Our team offers plenty of opportunities to collaboratively learn from each other and progress within the company.
This opportunity is not available for paid relocation; any relocation expenses must be borne by the job candidate. This is a full-time role and may include some evenings or weekends. Candidate must be available for interviews immediately and willing to start soon thereafter.
Please note that we only accept applications through our online application portal.