Software Engineer (Java) Intern
Digital Shadows is a fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Dallas, Germany and Singapore. Our mission is to protect organizations from external digital risks across the open, deep, and dark web. We do this by providing relevant threat intelligence, context, expertise and remediation that enables organizations and security teams to focus on their core business in the digital era. Our SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with threat intelligence analysts to monitor for cyber threats, data leakage, reputation risks and a whole lot more. You can learn more about us at www.digitalshadows.com or review the Forrester New Wave report where we were named the leader in Digital Risk Protection.
Our innovative platform collects data from the open, deep and dark web using a variety of techniques and then analyses that data for risks to our clients. Our development team is involved in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to implementation and testing.
We are looking for an intern to join our development team over the summer. We’ll offer you the chance to work on real client facing features and your contribution will make a genuine difference. As part of our highly skilled team you will get guidance and training from our expert software engineers and have the opportunity to use cutting edge technologies and the latest software engineering practices.
You will be focused on increasing the breadth and depth of our data collection. During your time with us you will build, test and release software that ingests and parses new web sources and see that software delivering material value to our clients.
If you think this is for you, we're accepting applications until 6pm on May 29th 2019. Candidates must be available for a phone interview in the first instance, then a face to face interview at our Canary Wharf office from 3rd - 14th June.
- You will develop production code following Digital Shadows guidelines and best practice
- You will work with the latest technologies in order to rapidly implement new functionality and release code to production on a regular basis
- You will own development tasks from initial request through to release
- You will be a part of an agile development team and partake in scrum ceremonies
- You will help to revolutionise the ability for our clients to find and receive digital risk
Essential Skills & Experience
- Studying for, or graduate of a numerate degree, Computer Science preferred, Mathematics or Physics considered where strong programming experience is demonstrated
- Comfortable with the Java programming language with a proven ability to code e.g. a programming based dissertation, relevant course project or relevant personal project
- Some knowledge of relational databases and SQL, ideally MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Desire to pick up new concepts, tools and technologies
- Passion to become an outstanding software engineer
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience developing applications which extract or parse text from HTML e.g. web crawlers or scrapers
- Comfortable using the Eclipse IDE for Java development
- Comfortable using GIT
- Competitive benefits package
- Spirited, fun office with regular outings/events
Please note that we only accept applications through our online application.