Business Development Representative
Digital Shadows is a fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Frankfurt & Singapore. Digital Shadows minimizes digital risk by identifying unwanted exposure and protecting against external threats. Organizations can suffer regulatory fines, loss of intellectual property, and reputational damage when digital risk is left unmanaged. Digital Shadows SearchLight™ helps you minimize these risks by detecting data loss, securing your online brand, and reducing your attack surface. To learn more and get free access to SearchLight, visit www.digitalshadows.com.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for supporting the sales results of Digital Shadows SearchLightTM by initiating prospect meetings and conducting nurturing campaigns that help his or her regional sales team drive opportunities. The Business Development Representative will reach business targets through excellent telephone and written communications skills, while working in a high-paced team environment. This role reports into the VP Marketing and is based in Dallas, TX, unless otherwise agreed.
- Cold-call prospects generated by internal and external lead sources.
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Collaborate with marketing and RSMs to determine necessary strategic sales approaches and territory campaigns.
- Ensure follow-up by passing qualified leads to Regional Sales Managers with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, and sources.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Creatively prospect for new accounts via internal and external tools.
- Work with marketing and sales operations to ensure integrity and upkeep of accounts in the CRM database.
- Appropriately communicate offering description, brand identity, and corporate position.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1 to 3 years of direct work experience in a sales or telesales capacity
- Experience in cybersecurity preferred, though not required, but an interest in learning cyber security is required.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects to meetings and achieving quotas or goals.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Competitive spirit that drives achievement of individual goals, while also supporting the team with its collective goals.
- Comfortable working in the fast paced and dynamic environment of a high-growth technology company.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, DiscoverOrg, and other critical tools, or a propensity to quickly learn new tools and resources.
Please note that we are unable to sponsor relocation and/or visa applications for this position, therefore we can only accept applicants who have the legal right to work in the U.S. indefinitely.
- Remuneration will be competitive and commensurate with experience
- Fun, lively office with unlimited snacks and refreshments
- Office located near DART and great lunch spots
Equal opportunity for disabled Veterans, recently separated Veterans, other protected Veterans, and for workers with disabilities.
If you have any questions, please contact us on careers[at]digitalshadows[dot]com. Please note that we only accept applications through this online application portal.