Junior Software Engineer
Digital Shadows is a fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Dallas, Germany and Singapore. Our mission is to protect organizations from external digital risks across the open, deep, and dark web. We do this by providing relevant threat intelligence, context, expertise and remediation that enables organizations and security teams to focus on their core business in the digital era. Our SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with threat intelligence analysts to monitor for cyber threats, data leakage, reputation risks and a whole lot more. You can learn more about us at www.digitalshadows.com or review the Forrester New Wave report where we were named the leader in Digital Risk Protection.
Our innovative platform collects data from the open, deep and dark web using a variety of techniques and then analyses that data for risks to our clients. Our development team is involved in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to implementation and testing.
We are looking for a junior software engineer to join our development team. We’ll offer you the chance to work on real client facing features and your contribution will make a genuine difference. As part of our highly skilled team you will get guidance and training from our expert software engineers and have the opportunity to use cutting edge technologies and the latest software engineering practices.
Over the next 12 months:
- You will understand team milestones and assist the team in achieving these goals
- You will be a part of an agile development team and partake in scrum ceremonies
- You will own development tasks from initial request through to release
- You will develop production code following Digital Shadows guidelines and best practice
- You will work with the latest technologies in order to rapidly implement new functionality
- You will release code every two weeks
- You will help to revolutionise the ability for our clients to find and receive digital risks
Our platform is built primarily using Java and Spring, and is hosted on AWS. We are looking for junior engineers with strong working knowledge of Java. Principally we are looking for:
- Experience developing software using Java, ideally in a commercial setting
- Familiarity with open source Java libraries and frameworks, ideally including Spring Framework, Hibernate, and Guava
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, ideally MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Desire to pick up new concepts, tools and technologies
- Experience delivering work with timelines, on time
- Passion to become an outstanding software engineer
It would be great if you also had:
- Understanding of high volume data processing systems
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, particularly HBase
- Working knowledge of cloud services such as AWS or GCE
- Familiarity with search technologies including Elasticsearch
Please note that we only accept applications through our online application.
- Competitive benefits package, including equity
- Salary is negotiable on and commensurate with experience.
- Spirited, fun office with regular outings/events