Digital Shadows is a fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Dallas, Germany and Singapore. Our mission is to protect organizations from external digital risks across the open, deep, and dark web. We do this by providing relevant threat intelligence, context, expertise and remediation that enables organizations and security teams to focus on their core business in the digital era. Our SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with threat intelligence analysts to monitor for cyber threats, data leakage, reputation risks and a whole lot more. You can learn more about us at www.digitalshadows.com or review the Forrester New Wave report where we were named the leader in Digital Risk Protection.
Our innovative platform collects data from the open, deep and dark web using a variety of techniques and then analyses that data for risks to our clients. Our development team is involved in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to implementation and testing.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our development team. This is an opportunity to become a key member of a highly motivated agile engineering team within a product lead organisation. We release new features every two weeks and you’ll be working on real client facing functionality from day one. Your contribution will make a genuine difference to the success of our company. As part of our highly skilled team you will have the opportunity to use cutting edge technologies and the latest software engineering practices to deliver an industry leading solution to our clients.
Over the next 12 months:
- You will understand team milestones and assist the team in achieving these goals
- You will be a part of an agile development team and partake in scrum ceremonies
- You will contribute to functional and technical designs
- You will own development tasks from initial request through to release
- You will develop production code following Digital Shadows guidelines and best practice
- You will work with the latest technologies in order to rapidly implement new functionality
- You will release code every two weeks
- You will help to revolutionise the ability for our clients to find and receive digital risks
Our platform is built primarily using Java and Spring, and is hosted on AWS. We are looking for engineers with strong working knowledge of Java and in particular applications that handle large volumes of data. Principally we are looking for:
- More than 2 years commercial experience developing software using Java
- Experience using a range of open source Java libraries and frameworks, ideally including Spring Framework, Hibernate, and Guava
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL, ideally MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, particularly HBase
- Experience developing high volume data processing systems
- Familiarity with cloud services such as AWS or GCE
- Ability to articulate complex designs and ideas to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to define realistic timelines and work to them
- Ability to work effectively with changing priorities
It would be great if you also had:
- Working experience of search technologies including Elasticsearch
- Experience of developing large scale web crawling applications
- Experience of front end web application development, ideally including AngularJS or JQuery
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and execute on all phases from inception to execution
- Experience or ability to mentor team members on technical skills and process improvement
Please note that we only accept applications through our online application.
- Competitive benefits package, including equity
- Salary is negotiable on and commensurate with experience.
- Spirited, fun office with regular outings/events