Product Designer (UI/UX)
Digital Shadows is a fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Frankfurt and Singapore. Digital Shadows minimises digital risk by identifying unwanted exposure and protecting against external threats. Organisations can suffer regulatory fines, loss of intellectual property, and reputational damage when digital risk is left unmanaged. Digital Shadows SearchLight™ helps you minimise these risks by detecting data loss, securing your online brand, and reducing your attack surface. To learn more and get free access to SearchLight, visit www.digitalshadows.com.
We are building an innovative digital risk platform that enables our clients to have a view of the online risks to their business in a way that was never before available. Already a recognised market leader we are crafting the most intelligent digital risk company in the world and we want the best product design talent.
A key part of our Product organisation, our Design team ensures our clients are able to get the most value out of what we do in a way that reflects our brand and our values. Responsible for the design of structure, flow, functional components, interaction design and visual identify of our SaaS platform, the Design team work closely with Product, Engineering, and Client Success to ensure we solve problems brilliantly for our clients and our market.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Product Designer, based in London, to help drive the Digital Shadows Design capability and product experience to the next level.
A UI designer who can:
- Develop user interface designs to meet user needs, functional requirements, business goals and technical restraints
- Work closely with product managers and UX product designers to evolve design ideas and wireframes into robust interface designs
- Design component interactions and states
- Work with visual systems, interaction patterns, and understands established user behaviors
- Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research and data
- Conduct analysis of competitor brand and design to inform design direction
- Ensure all design work meets the standards set by the Design Guide
- Work with other key stakeholders to support the development of new components and modules to feed into the Design Guide
- Maintain the Design Guide
- Work with Google Material Design visual language
- Develop pixel perfect designs to hand-off to developers
A team player:
- Evidence that you most commonly work in a collaborative and iterative way
- Work with front-end developers to determine the technical feasibility of design ideas
- Work with QA team members to ensure design has been delivered as specified
- Worked in an Agile product development environment, comfortable using JIRA.
- Be able to quickly understand how what you are designing fits into a bigger picture of user tasks that our product is delivering value supporting
A clear communicator:
- Organise and conduct reviews of your design work with key stakeholders
- Work with the Delivery Director and other designers to feed into estimating and planning of your work
- Ability to clearly present your work, and articulate your design rationale to customers, internal business and technical stakeholders at all levels of seniority
Other skills & interests:
- Ability to manage time effectively under pressure to meet schedules and deadlines
- Contribute to several other aspects of the work in the product team as needed. Examples include; requirements gathering, conducting research, creating information architecture deliverables, inputting into design critiques and mentoring other team members
- Contribute to evolving the design capability at Digital Shadows by demonstrating value, raising awareness with employees and making design more visible to key stakeholders across the business
- Passion for product design and innovation, and the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Ability to stay aligned on latest design patterns for world-class interfaces
- Flexible working conditions and hours
- Salary is negotiable on, and commensurate with, experience
- Competitive benefits including private health care, share options and 25 days paid holiday
- Our team offers plenty of opportunities to collaboratively learn from each other