Engineering Delivery Manager
Digital Shadows is a fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Dallas, Germany and Singapore. Our mission is to protect organizations from external digital risks across the open, deep, and dark web. We do this by providing relevant threat intelligence, context, expertise and remediation that enables organizations and security teams to focus on their core business in the digital era. Our SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with threat intelligence analysts to monitor for cyber threats, data leakage, reputation risks and a whole lot more. You can learn more about us at www.digitalshadows.com or review the Forrester New Wave report where we were named the leader in Digital Risk Protection.
Our innovative platform collects data from the open, deep and dark web using a variety of techniques and then analyses that data for risks to our clients. Our development team is involved in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to implementation and testing. We are looking for an engineering delivery manager to join our team. This is an opportunity to become a key member of a highly motivated agile engineering team within a product led organisation.
As part of our highly skilled team you will drive delivery across the engineering department. You will manage delivery across our three product development teams and our site reliability engineering (SRE) team with a particular focus on supporting prioritisation, escalation and external communication. Key to your role will be process design, roll out and ensuring we are adopting the best Agile practices for us, as well as managing key stakeholders around the business. Your role will be crucial in enabling us to consistently and efficiently deliver stable, scalable product capability across multiple development teams.
As a senior member of the engineering team you will be responsible for:
- Working with senior engineers to ensure timely delivery of high quality software to meet the product roadmap
- Ensuring delivery and support processes are clearly defined
- Management and facilitation of our agile process, including working with senior engineers across multiple sprint teams to deliver ongoing process improvements
- Managing dependencies and impediments between development teams and between engineering and other stakeholders
- Working with the product delivery manager to make sure there are clear lines of communication and process between engineering and product and their deliverables
- Making sure there are clear lines of communication across development teams and where required management of knowledge sharing sessions
- Working with stakeholders, primarily product, outside of engineering to plan and communicate regular releases
- Mentoring engineers to upskill in their execution of agile delivery processes
- Owning and inputting to other ad hoc initiatives within the engineering team
You will have a particular focus on our SRE team, taking responsibility for:
- Working with the team lead and broader business stakeholders to prioritise tasks
- Interfacing with stakeholders outside of engineering to support ad hoc requests and escalation of issues where required
- Working with the team lead to define service levels and communicates these to internal stakeholders
- Management of major incidents and issues including communication with internal stakeholders and coordination of broader engineering resources where required
What we're looking for:
- You have previously worked as a delivery or project manager in an agile software development company
- You have experience working on multiple initiatives/projects in parallel
- You’re experienced managing multiple stakeholders with the ability to explain technical solutions to non-technical individuals
- You can utilise different methodologies to get the best out of teams – calling upon Agile skills across Scrum, Kanban and Lean
- You are great at multitasking and prioritising in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to apply different styles to different situations
- You’re smart with strong problem solving and analytical skills and great attention to detail
- You are flexible and proactive with a thirst to jump in and solve problems, wherever they may be
- Competitive benefits package, including equity
- Salary is negotiable on and commensurate with experience
- Spirited, fun office with regular outings/events
If you have any questions, please contact us on careers[at]digitalshadows[dot]com. Please note that we only accept applications through this online application portal.