IT DevOps Engineer
Digital Shadows is fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Dallas, Frankfurt and Singapore. Our mission is to protect organizations from external digital risks across the open, deep, and dark web. We do this by providing relevant threat intelligence, context, expertise, and remediation that enables organizations and security teams to focus on their core business in the digital era. Our SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with threat intelligence analysts to monitor for cyber threats, data leakage, reputation risks and a whole lot more. You can learn more about us at www.digitalshadows.com or review the Forrester New Wave report where we were named the leader in Digital Risk Protection.
Forming part of the global IT team, the IT DevOps Engineer will be responsible for managing and maintaining our development network and the associated tools that go with it. You will focus on both the security element and work closely with the Engineering team to determine requirements and solution fulfilment. As part of the IT team, you will respond to issues in a timely manner, providing excellent customer service.
- Work as part of the IT Operations organisation
- Ubuntu Linux platform support both local and remote
- Maintaining Development and Project management tools (Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
- Building and maintaining automated workstation management system for Ubuntu
- Maintaining AWS based workstations, environments and connectivity (VPN, security groups etc)
- Follow Security best practices, proactively maintaining security of the development network
- Collaborate with Engineering and Site reliability teams on various tasks
- Perform other IT DevOps duties as part of the team
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge of AWS
- Knowledge and understanding of Information security and standards
- Knowledge and understanding of Networking
- Experience with dealing with vendors
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Work with other functions within the business to help identify issues and requirements with a view to continued service improvement.
- Provide direct support of audit engagements.
- Ensure compliance with departmental and enterprise security configuration standards.
- Manage and govern relationships with technology vendors utilized in the enterprise network.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior personnel.
- Provide cross-team knowledge transfer and detailed design/operational documentation as needed.
- Knowledge of Mac/Jamf
- Knowledge of Windows
- Knowledge of Linux management tools
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira/Confluence)
- Experience of server/service provisioning tools (terraform/Puppet/Docker)
- Experience dealing with vendors
- Technical leadership and coaching of technical staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience with medium enterprise organizations with multiple remote locations
- 3+ years of experience working with all application owners and other IT stakeholders to build and support the most efficient and stable infrastructure capabilities
- 3+ years’ experience with 24 X 7 support leadership in conjunction with a managed service provider maintaining accountability and measurement of uptime and performance
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Python scripting to automatic common tasks
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with AWS, Azure, or Google cloud technologies
- Competitive benefits package
- Salary is negotiable on, and commensurate with, experience
- Flexible working conditions
- Fun, lively office environment
- Regular Company events
If you have any questions, please contact us on careers[at]digitalshadows[dot]com. Please note that we only accept applications through the online application portal.