Senior Management Accountant
Digital Shadows is a fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Frankfurt & Singapore. Digital Shadows minimizes digital risk by identifying unwanted exposure and protecting against external threats. Organizations can suffer regulatory fines, loss of intellectual property, and reputational damage when digital risk is left unmanaged. Digital Shadows SearchLight™ helps you minimize these risks by detecting data loss, securing your online brand, and reducing your attack surface. To learn more and get free access to SearchLight, visit www.digitalshadows.com.
Digital Shadows is seeking an experienced, motivated, dynamic and highly organized Senior Management Accountant covering our EMEA and APAC operations and supporting several global functions. The successful candidate combines excellent analytical skills with a profound knowledge of accounting principles. The ideal candidate also has experience handling multiple subsidiaries and various currencies. This is a formative and exciting time at Digital Shadows as we have doubled in size over the past 2 years and require increased visibility, controls and accountability for continued balanced growth. This is a very hands-on and impactful role, where your technical expertise and business acumen will complement and partner with the UK-based Finance Manager and other members of the Finance & Administration team. You will interact regularly with the CFO and other stakeholders and report to the Head of Global Accounting based in San Francisco.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Complete a variety of functions associated with the month-end close, including preparation of journal entries (accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, payroll, departmental allocations, intercompany journals), completion of balance sheet account reconciliation, maintenance of subsidiary ledgers and analysis of account activity.
- Prepare detailed review of balance sheet ledgers and subledgers for EMEA and its subsidiaries
- Perform P&L flux analysis to explain variances; work closely with Finance Manager to identify and correct issues.
- Own the global procure to pay (P2P) process and manage an external bookkeeping team to support you in this role. Lead projects aimed towards improving the company’s current processes and policies
- Manage regional external accounting consultants; train and review their work to ensure accountability and compliance with local laws and company guidelines
- Provide technical accounting and analytical support and manage/assist with audit requirements
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial package and metrics
- Play a key role in process improvements and new ERP system implementation
- Degree in Accounting, Corporate Finance or related field is required, ACA strongly preferred
- 5-7 years Accounting experience, preferably some in a SaaS environment
- Background in small/medium technology companies with rapid growth
- Some experience managing a team or contractors desired
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP and experience with general ledger functions and month-end close process, including consolidation and reporting
- Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated analytical mindset, “can do” attitude, leadership and strong problem-solving skills
- Mature interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with senior level managers
- Excellent MS Excel skills including Vlookup, Pivot Table and advanced formulae
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competitive benefits package including pension matching
- Flexible working conditions
- Fun, lively office environment
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with old friends (and get some extra cash!)
If you have any questions, please contact us on careers[at]digitalshadows[dot]com. Please note that we only accept applications through this online application portal.
We are seeking candidates to begin as soon as possible.