Business Development Representative
Digital Shadows is fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Dallas, Frankfurt and Singapore. Our mission is to protect organizations from external digital risks across the open, deep, and dark web. We do this by providing relevant threat intelligence, context, expertise, and remediation that enables organizations and security teams to focus on their core business in the digital era. Our SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with threat intelligence analysts to monitor for cyber threats, data leakage, reputation risks and a whole lot more. You can learn more about us at www.digitalshadows.com or review the Forrester New Wave report where we were named the leader in Digital Risk Protection.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for supporting the sales results of Digital Shadows SearchLightTM by initiating prospect meetings and conducting nurturing campaigns that help his or her regional sales team drive opportunities. The Business Development Representative will reach business targets through excellent telephone and written communications skills, while working in a high-paced team environment. This role reports into the Marketing Director and is based in San Francisco, CA, unless otherwise agreed.
• Cold-call prospects generated by internal and external lead sources.
• Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
• Collaborate with marketing and RSMs to determine necessary strategic sales approaches and territory campaigns.
• Ensure follow-up by passing qualified leads to Regional Sales Managers with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, and sources.
• Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
• Creatively prospect for new accounts via internal and external tools.
• Work with marketing and sales operations to ensure integrity and upkeep of accounts in the CRM database.
• Appropriately communicate offering description, brand identity, and corporate position.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• 1 to 3 years of direct work experience in a sales or telesales capacity
• Experience in cybersecurity preferred, though not required, but an interest in learning cyber security is required.
• Demonstrated ability to convert prospects to meetings and achieving quotas or goals.
• Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
• Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
• Competitive spirit that drives achievement of individual goals, while also supporting the team with its collective goals.
• Comfortable working in the fast paced and dynamic environment of a high-growth technology company.
• Experience with Salesforce.com, DiscoverOrg, and other critical tools, or a propensity to quickly learn new tools and resources.
Please note that we are unable to sponsor visa applications for this position, therefore we can only accept applicants who have the legal right to work in the U.S. indefinitely.
Remuneration will be competitive and commensurate with experience. • Fun, lively office with unlimited snacks and refreshments
• Office located near MUNI/BART and great lunch spots
Equal opportunity for disabled Veterans, recently separated Veterans, other protected Veterans, and for workers with disabilities.
If you have any questions, please contact us on careers[at]digitalshadows[dot]com. Please note that we only accept applications through this online application portal.