User Experience (UX) Leader / Architect
Digital Shadows is the leader in Digital Risk Protection. We monitor the open, deep and dark web to manage and remediate our clients’ digital risks protecting them from cyber attacks.
We are building an innovative digital risk platform that enables our clients to have a view of the online risks to their business in a way that was never before available. Already a recognized market leader we are crafting the most intelligent digital risk company in the world and we want the best product development talent.
We are looking for a senior User Experience practitioner, based in London, to take the lead on driving the Digital Shadows Design capability and product experience to the next level.
A key part of our Product organization, our User Experience team ensures our clients are able to get the most value out of what we do. Responsible for the navigation, organization, interaction design, and business/user process engineering for our SaaS platform they work closely with product, engineering, and client success to ensure we solve problems brilliantly for our clients and our market.
We are looking for a User Experience Leader / Architect who will report directly to the VP Product.
The role requires you to:
- Combine leadership of a small team of in-house and contract UX and Design professionals with a hands-on delivery role
- Develop right-sized design processes that ensure we maintain agility and deliver top quality output
- Support the development of a design pattern library
- Engage in defining the approach to and planning of design work
- Lead requirements gathering and participatory design sessions
- Take ownership of and evolve a task-driven Information Architecture for the product
- Lead on the evaluation of concepts and detailed designs with client users
- Oversee the work of visual designers
- Develop frameworks describing key aspects of proposed experience, how it reconciles business/user needs
- Design product solutions using tools such as Sketch, InDesign, Axure as required
- Passion for product design and innovation, and the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Experience in using a variety of user research methodologies and leading discovery research and analysis within a broad problem space
- Experience in developing research, design and evaluation strategy
- Experience delivering UX design, including user journeys, end-to-end scenarios, and interactive prototypes
- Experience of an agile product development process
- Excellent communication skills - comfortable dealing with both customers, and internal business and technical stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Ability to stay aligned on latest design patterns for world-class interfaces
- 5 or more years’ experience in UX design, ideally at a SaaS or security company
- Ability to manage time effectively under pressure to meet schedules and deadlines
- Line Management Experience
Bachelors Degree Required - Degree preferred in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction; Design Planning; Graphic Design; Communications
Proficient in: Sketch, Axure, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Flexible working conditions and hours
- Salary is negotiable on, and commensurate with, experience
- Competitive benefits including private health care, share options and 25 days paid holiday
- Our team offers plenty of opportunities to collaboratively learn from each other and progress within the company